Saturday, September 24, 2011

3


YOUNG, OLD, ONLY WORDS. LET'S CELEBRATE IT!


BENJAMIN BUTTON: (Voice over; letter to his daughter) For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

—The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, 2008, David Fincher



LET ME TELL YA, don’t get too excited, I know it’s Saturday, and my aim is to keep posting my writings mainly on Fridays.

But today it’s a special day. Today I’m turning 37. Young, old, only words. Let’s celebrate it!

I know that some people conceal or fudge their age up to their grave. Not me. Societies still hit hard with taboos. Getting older is one of them. And if you are a woman, even more.

Said that, I have heard that aging is for a few brave souls. Probably. For me, it’s a matter of understanding and accepting what Life means. Aging is beautiful when you’re the owner of your life. To go backward??? No, thank you.

As of my birthday, my Legitimate Readers will allow me to make a birthday toast. Thanks!

Here we go.

To the risk-takers who not only have the courage to follow their true path, driven by their hearts, but also summon up the capacity to not get demoralized and the strength to keep working on the darkness for untold years, even if they are not getting solid results, no prizes, no confirmation.

To my heroes.

Cheers!

 Copyright© 2011 by THE PYTHAGOREAN STORYTELLER. All rights reserved.